Re: What was the reason for history -D not reporting runtimes?

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 05:46:25PM +0100, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> Also, why isn't histsavebycopy set by default, as the documentation
> suggests that it be set unless you have special needs?

It is set by default in a zsh that supports the option.  If I run
"unsetopt | fgrep copy", I see "nohistsavebycopy", which means that
the option is enabled (i.e. that "unsetopt nohistsavebycopy" is what
is currently in effect, and thus the double-negation of that command,
"setopt histsavebycopy", is also in effect).

..wayne..