What makes %# tick?

Hi all,

Just noticed an interesting anomaly after starting to use the realtime
module[0] on linux:

 | zsh, sauce 12:15PM piglet/ # grep prompt\= .zshrc
 | prompt='zsh, %m %t %C/ %# '
 |
 | zsh, sauce 12:15PM piglet/ # id
 | uid=1000(piglet) gid=1000(piglet)
 | groups=10(wheel),16(cron),18(audio),19(cdrom),250(portage),1000(piglet)
 | zsh, sauce 12:15PM piglet/ #
                              ^oops.

I'm running zsh-4.2.5 on an amd64 box (gentoo linux) and am rather attached
to my %# prompt specifier.

Any ideas on how I could work around this? Google for `zsh prompt realtime
module' doesn't seem to return anything of relevance.

[0] http://sourceforge.net/projects/realtime-lsm/ , as recommended in
    http://jackit.sourceforge.net/docs/faq.php#a5   ; I have indeed
    modprobed it with gid=18 (audio).

Cheers,