Re: zsh handling of non-standard if-evaluations

Hi!

--- Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, I've been annoyed with RedHat's zsh packaging for years now.  At
> least it's gotten slightly better; if you saw what they had back in
> RH5 and RH6 you'd be using stronger expletives than "uh, oh."

:)

> The thing to do is put
>
> 	setopt no_global_rcs
>
> in your ~/.zshenv.  That will disable reading of all the /etc/z*
> files except /etc/zshenv.

Thanks for the reminder, now I think I have cooked up an ideal
solution, at least for me. I summary:

~/.zshenv does only setopt no_global_rcs
~/.zprofile sources /etc/profile using sh emulation, then adjusts
paths, sets environment variables, i.e., things that get inherited
~/.zshrc defines aliases/funtions/completion control
~/.zlogin handles ssh keys using keychain(1)

In my "use cases" this works perfectly. (I always do one of the
following: on local computer, console login / on local computer, using
X/xterm / logging to a remote computer via ssh.)

Thanks!

The fish are biting.