Re: watch for users

On Mar 11, 11:03pm, Michael Worobcuk wrote:
}
} Right know I have to press <ENTER> before a new user is reported. I
} would like the zsh to print the log by itself.

Checking for logins/logouts is one of the things that zsh does as
part of preparing to accept a new command from the terminal.  There's
no way to cause it to happen at a different event.

The closest you could come would be to execute the "log" command from
an alarm trap, but that shows anyone/everyone who might be identified
by the "watch" setting, not just those who have logged in/out since the
last check.

One could argue that the "log" command could take an option to limit
its output to just the recent changes, and it'd be quite easy to add
such an option, but that won't help you until the next zsh release ...