Arglist too long...mv'ed crazy

Hi,

 I am running the newest stable zsh on a Gentoo Linux
 system, kernel 2.6.18.8

 Also I am running mutt and my mail format is 'maildir'.
 From time to time I am backupping my mails -- especially
 from mailinglists like zsh, ruby...

 When trying to move the mails I want to archive from
 the ruby folder into the folder, which I want to use
 for archiving I got

     "zsh: argument list too long: mv"

 because the filenames mutt uses for each mail are
 long and rubys mailinglist is a high traffic one (4500
 mails this month).

 "Now", I thought, "it's zargs time!"

 Ok...

 zargs -- ../../cur/* -- mv ???????????

 Unfortunately mv wants its arguments "reversed":

     mv <source> <target>

 <target> is static ('.') but <source> is, what zargs
 needs to fill in. Normally zargs put the argument simply
 after the command.

 I read

    man zshall

 but didn't find any hint, how to solve the problem...

 Last I have to mention, that I aliased mv to 'mv -i':

    alias mv='mv -i'

 if this has any impact.....?!

 "mv" is:

    mv (GNU coreutils) 6.7
    This is free software.  You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of
    the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

    Written by Mike Parker, David MacKenzie, and Jim Meyering.

 Due to this I have two questions:
 How can I cope the "reversed argument" problem with zargs in general?
 How can I handle the "arglist too long" problem with
 mv? In times of harddisks with hundreds of gigs....

 Thank you very much for any help in advance! :)

 Keep zshing!
 mcc