vi-open-line-* in Emacs mode

Hi,

 I often edit """scripts""" on the commandline, like
 short loops etc.
 Often too I forget to insert a specific line and
 have to re-edit my """script""". In the real world
 I am a Vi(m) user, but for command-line-editing
 I prefer Emacs-mode.
 In this mode I miss a keysequence to add/insert/open
 a new line.
 I found vi-open-line-above and -below, but there seem
 no Emacs equivalent available .... (?)
 I tried to bind those functions:

 bindkey "\M-o" vi-open-line-below   # vi like open line below cursor position
 bindkey "\M-O" vi-open-line-above   # vi like open line above cursor position

 but this does not work.

 Are there any equivalent funtions/commands in Emacs mode I can use
 instead?
 How can I bind the vi-* functions/commands to a key sequence in Emacs
 mode ?

 Thank you very much for any helpful binding ! :) :) :)

 Kind regards,
 mcc