slightly OT: mimic zsh's right prompt in bash

Hi,

I know that this is not directly related to zsh but I scent extended
bash knowledge here (guessing from the "From bash to zsh" book).

My question is: how can I mimic a typical zsh prompt with the pwd at
the right in bash:

My zsh prompt is:
user@host%                            /path/to/pwd

How can I mimic the right hand side in bash?

Thorsten

PS
It's even possible in 4NT (cmd compatible replacement). The right hand
side prompt simply gets overwritten when I type into it:

set prompt=`%_winuser@%_host%$g$s$e[s$e[%@inc[%_row];%@eval[%_columns
- %@len[%_cwd]]H$p$e[u`