Re: regarding login prompt

arnuld <geek.arnuld@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> i am a BASH user who is interested in using ZSH as my daily routine
> shell. this is from my "~/.bashrc"
>
> PS1='[\u@\h \W]\$ '
>
> and my BASH prompt says:  "[arnuld@arch ~] $ "
>
> so i put that PS1 entry into my "~/.zshrc" file but when i login into
> ZSH i see that prompt is simply the same as the PS1 entry  and not
> like "arnuld@xxxxxxxx"
>
> how can i have a prompt like "[arnuld@arch ~] $ " in ZSH ?

You can have a prompt like whatever you want, man ;)

There is a themed prompt system available, and it sounds like what you
want is closest to the "redhat" theme.  I currently use "adam1" and at
home I use "adam2".

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

*Getting unexpected output from Word?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sZtriK9rKQ&NR=1

*Try LaTeX: it's free, easy and professional
http://www.edafe.org/latex/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaTeX
http://nitens.org/taraborelli/latex

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.