Re: Bug involving subshell exit status in functions fixed?

On Aug 20, 10:58pm, Nathan Collins wrote:
}
} So, although I can't find a mention of it because I don't know what to
} search for, I think this is a bug that's fixed in the development
} version of zsh.

2006-03-02  Peter Stephenson  <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

        * 22317: Src/builtins.c, Src/exec.c: exiting the shell from
        code forked from within a function doesn't maintain the
        exit status.

} Is there a work around for this in 4.2.3 (the version
} installed on the machines where my script will be run is actually
} 4.2.0, but it has the same "problem" as 4.2.3)?

I'm not aware of any workaround.  It appears (from the ChangeLog) that
this patch has been applied on the 4.2 CVS branch but post-dates the
most recent release on that branch (which is now 20 months ago).