nohup dies

Hi,

I have been using zsh for a while and I like it a lot. Yet, today I
ran into a snag...

I use a kind of beowulf cluster to run computer simulations and the
way I have launched them for years has always been

cat ./input | ~pau/executables/NB4_NoPN > diagnostic&

and then I usually shutdown the laptop or close the terminal.

Two years ago I moved to another institute and this has also a
cluster. Recently I restarted doing the same kind of simulations and
somehow I had problems with them all the time

I am in a very bad mood... you cannot imagine how wretched I am; I spent _many_
days trying to find "bugs" in my code and didn't understand at all why the runs
died after "some minutes" without any output message...

The problem? nohup dies in zsh 4.3.2

Today I closed the ssh session with exit and then exit again after the
message and got this:

zsh: you have running jobs.
tuffi1| exit
zsh: warning: 1 jobs SIGHUPed
[1]  + 18591 done       nohup cat ./input |
       18592 hangup     ~pau/executables/NB4_NoPN > diagnostic

When I used the cluster in my former institute everything went fine,
and there they have zsh 4.2.4

So it seems that "deadly" nohups are inherent to the most recent zsh version...
a "new feature" of the shell, maybe?

I changed the shell to ksh and the simulations (i.e. nohup) are not
killed when I quit the session...

What's wrong with zsh 4.2.4?

Cheers,

Pau Amaro Seoane