PROMPT escape sequences

PS1='%S%# '

that sets my prompt to reverse video, and it works fine if i tab-complete. but....

PS1='%{^[[36m%}%# '

that sets my prompt to cyan, but reverts to default colors when i tab-complete.

is there a way to set a color at the prompt that doesn't reset to default when i tab-complete?

thanks...

--
        ...atom

 ________________________
 http://atom.smasher.org/
 762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

	"Not one weapon in our vast arsenal can shield us from
	 a nuclear weapon delivered in a sailboat or a Piper
	 Cub or a suitcase or a Ryder rental truck. Not a
	 penny of the 273 billion dollars a year we spend on
	 so-called defense can actually defend us against a
	 terrorist bomb. Nothing in our enormous military
	 establishment can actually give us one whit of
	 security. That is a military fact... In country
	 after country, our government has thwarted
	 democracy, stifled freedom, and trampled human
	 rights. That's why we are hated around the world...
	 We are not hated because we practice democracy,
	 freedom, and human rights. We are hated because our
	 government denies these things to people in third
	 world countries whose resources are coveted by our
	 multinational corporations... We must change our
	 government's ways... Only one thing has ever ended a
	 terrorist campaign - denying the terrorist
	 organization the support of the larger community it
	 represents... Remove the desperation, give them some
	 hope, and support for terrorism will evaporate. At
	 that point bin Laden will be forced to abandon
	 terrorism or be treated like a common criminal.
	 Either way, he and his money cease to be a threat. We
	 CAN have security ... or we can have revenge. We
	 cannot have both."
		-- Dr. Robert M. Bowman, Director of all "Star Wars"
		programs under presidents Ford and Carter, combat
		pilot over Vietnam (101 missions), Ph.D. in Aeronautics
		and Nuclear Engineering, President of the Institute for
		Space and Security Studies and Presiding Archbishop of
		the United Catholic Church