Re: command-cancellation with #

Micah Elliott wrote:
> > setopt interactivecomments
>
> Great, that works.  Thanks!
>
> Is there some way I could have discovered that?  I don't see it
> in zshall(1).  I do see that it (and a few others) are set now by
> running 'setopt', but it would be nice to know what all the
> available options are (which aren't in the manpage).

Options are there, but when searching you run foul of the fact that they
have underscores in for reading clarity (INTERACTIVE_COMMENTS).  In this
case, the zshzle manual will warn you about this...

       pound-insert (unbound) (#) (unbound)
              If  there  is no # character at the beginning of the buffer, add
              one to the beginning of each line.  If there is one, remove a  #
              from each line that has one.  In either case, accept the current
              line.  The INTERACTIVE_COMMENTS option must be set for  this  to
              have any usefulness.

       vi-pound-insert
              If there is no # character at the beginning of the current line,
              add one.  If there is one, remove it.  The  INTERACTIVE_COMMENTS
              option must be set for this to have any usefulness.