Re: conflict of "exec zsh" with scp

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> Yes, I don't know why I had my head on backwards for that message.
:-)

> The main reason to care one way or the other is globbing.  If you pass a
> glob pattern to the remote system (which only makes sense if the remote
> system is the source of the copy, really), you'll be restricted to bash
> patterns unless you can figure out how to get zsh to run.
Ahhh, thanks for the explanation!

So if I want zsh to run for non-interactive shells, how would I do that?
Putting
 exec zsh -$- "$@"
into .bashrc only leads to:

 lama:~>scp admin@otherhost:/etc/passwd .
 zsh: string expected after -c
 [1]    31295 exit 1     scp -C admin@otherhost:/etc/passwd .

Thanks,
 Andy.

--
 cogito ergo sum, bibo ergo sum, cogito ergo bib, bibo ergo bib?