Re: idea for new feature (was: Re: sticky-note and zle bindings)

On 2008-01-18, 01:19, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Here's something that may be of use.  Recent xterm has adopted window
> control sequences from dtterm, according to
> http://www.xfree86.org/current/ctlseqs.html, so zsh might have a
> chance at saving/restoring some window state.  I haven't tried Konsole
> but Gnome-terminal pays attention to a subset of this.  Other
> terminals I don't know.

This sounds very useful.  But my xterm (v.231 from debian/unstable) don't
seem to understand theses control sequences yet.  Do you know from which
version on it should be implemented?

It works with gnome-terminal, with konsole it doesn't.
But konsole must have some kind of state management because
my wife's KDE Desktop restores all shells including the PWD.

Chau,
 Andy.

--
 Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups.