Fwd: idea for new feature (was: Re: sticky-note and zle bindings)

Forwarding for completeness as per Bart's implicit request :)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Knight <robertknight@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Jan 25, 2008 3:57 AM
Subject: Re: idea for new feature (was: Re: sticky-note and zle bindings)

Hi,

> Well, that part would be for the shell to implement, anyway. But as
> most of the shells will not be terminated with ctrl-d/exit/logout there
> must be an option to store everything on shutdown automagically.

There is a misunderstanding.  By "end the session", I meant ending a
session and removing all data associated with it.  An analogy would be
the option not to save the tabs in a web browser when closing it.
Saving the session state would be the default behavior which would
occur when logging out of the X session or closing the shell by
sending SIGHUP for example.

Regards,
Robert.