Re[2]: svn commit completion

RH> On Jan 30, 2008 4:45 PM, William Scott <wgscott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
RH>
RH> > With _cvs, the commit contextual completion offers only files that have
RH> > been touched since the last cvs update.  With _svn, it completes with
RH> > everything in the directory, instead of only what has changed.
RH>
RH> I noticed that as well, though I adapted my muscle memory to it.
RH>
RH> > Is that a limit imposed by svn, or just a design difference?
RH>
RH> As svn status will happily tell you which files have been changed and which
RH> are not in the repo, it is probably an oversight, not a hard limit.

 Actually "svn ci" does complete only modified (or added, removed) files
here (zsh 4.3.2 under Debian Linux), but the problem is that these files
are remembered by the completer in a global _cache_svn_status variable
which is never updated. I don't really know what's the best way of fixing
it but for now I've just done "precmd() { unset _cache_svn_status }" and
"svn ci" completes correctly all the time and not just the first one.

 Regards,
VZ