Re: Unscientific mini benchmark ;)

On 2008-02-11 11:03:22 +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> I just stumbled over this[1] and thought I would share as it involves
> zsh. It is not scientific and no attempt to make sure there are no
> settings that affect the outcome has been made. It's just a fun
> snippet.
>
> 26, 4, 16, 15 here on an Athlon 64 X2 5200+

With LC_ALL=C, I get 28 (bash), 7 (dash), 19 (zsh), 9 (ksh93) here
on a Pentium D at 3 GHz in x86_64.

bash 3.1dfsg-9
dash 0.5.4-6
zsh 4.3.5-1
ksh93 93s+20080202-1

Note: on Debian, one needs to run ksh93 as ksh is a symbolic link
and may be some other shell, e.g. zsh. Richard, it seems that your
ksh timing is wrong.