Re: Returning to vanilla ZSH during run-time?

On Feb 17, 2008 8:23 AM, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I still don't follow why (1a) isn't "zsh -i" and (3) "exit".  Why do you
> need this all to happen in the same shell?  What's the benefit?

I don't need to, I just would prefer to. When you told me it was not
do-able in the way I wanted to do it, I assumed you would know
what you were talking about and closed the subject. The rest was
me answering suggestions of others :)

> To see why the shell doesn't "just do this", have a look at the script
> Util/reporter in the zsh distribution, which has a go at being "run
> command to save current state", and notice that with all the possible
> different combinations of loadable modules and so on that even those
> 500-odd lines don't manage to cover everything, by a long shot.

Will do :)

Thanks,
Richard