Keeping dot files in sync

Hi,

I have a problem keeping my configuration files (mainly .zshrc and
.bashrc) in sync on multiple computers.

I've got a central computer where I mainly work and do my .zshrc
changes. I need a program to propagate these changes to the other
computers (mainly virtual machines) to have the same zsh configuration
there.

Unfortunately my main workstation and the other PCs are not directly
connected (otherwise I'd simply rsync the changes).

I have a server "on the Internet" that is accessible via http/WebDAV
and ftp. So I could push the changed files to this server from my main
system and pull the changed files from there on the other machines.

Does anyone know of an application (Revision control or something
similar) that does this kind of task or assists in it?

Thorsten