Re: Is it possible to list all styles in all contexts?

"Ian Tegebo" wrote:
> I've been using zsh for a while and am now trying to learn enough to write
> completions.  It seems one needs to understand and lookup styles quite
> well so my natural inclination is to list them all and then
> browse/experiment.
>
> Intuitively, I think I should be able to list them all with:
>
> zstyle -L "*"
>
> But only one result for 'sudo' is returned, presumably added by my
> distribution.

`zstyle -L "*"' does indeed list everything, at least if you have a
recent version of the shell (it looks like I added it in 4.3.3 because,
as you say, it's intuitive).  Before that arguments to `zstyle -L'
weren't useful, but `zstyle -L' with no argument would list everything.
If you want a more processed format, rather than the lines you need to
feed back to the shell to reproduce the state, then just run `zstyle'.