Re: Question on filename completion

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:

You will need to apply the patch I just sent, which is entirely shell code
(apart from the documentation).

Oops, I did not know that the text pasted is to be patched. I am having tough time figuring out how to patch the _path_files file. I copied the text between the lines

  diff -u -r1.27 _path_files

and

testpath="$donepath"

to a file and fed that file patch command. patch failed, I tried with several other combinations of input to patch, deleted the first one line first, next second, but nothing worked.

Please explain me how to patch this file. I know this is a stupid question, but I need help...

If you don't have access to the
installation you can locate _path_files in your fpath and put it in your
own functions directory setting

fpath=(~/myfns $fpath)

or whatever.  Then you need to set

zstyle ':completion:*' accept-exact-dirs true

in ~/.zshrc.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>                  Software Engineer
Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070