Getting back a command after hitting CTRL-C

Hi,

somtimes, I will start typing a command, realize I do not want to execute
it, hit CTRL-C, only to realize I would have saved a lot of typing if I
had instead modified it. What I would love to see is a feature that
holds onto the last buffer content and revives it into ZLE, so to speak.

I am aware of the command stack feature and I am using it to move
commands I do not want to execute _yet_ out of the way. I am
specifically asking for something that could help when the milk is
spilt, so to speak.

Thanks,
Richard