Re: printf "%i\n" 7 outputs extra newline

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 08:21:38PM -0400, Omari Norman wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> When I run
>
> printf '%i' 7
>
> I get a 7, but with a newline both before and after it. I get the same
> thing if I use /usr/bin/printf (by first running disable printf.)

Forget I asked; it has something to do with my preexec function, which I
have set up to display command text in my title bar. Seems that newline
command is "leaking" out of that function, if you could say that...after
clearing out the preexec function, the printf works as expected.
--Omari