Re: Prompt coloring question

2008/7/13 Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Jul 13,  9:27pm, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> }
> } I just tried again, at least konsole shows the colors in a lighter
> } shade when they are prefixed by 1;, perhaps because that is konsole's
> } way to show bold fonts, I don't, know.
>
> Check out the comments in Functions/Misc/colors.
>
> # Codes listed in this array are from ECMA-48, Section 8.3.117, p. 61.
>
> Does konsole typically use bright text on a dark background rather than
> dark text on a white background?  In the former case a lighter color
> might be construed as "bold".  (I'm not a KDE person.)

Looking at konsole's preferences window, it seems to have sort of a backwards
idea of bright/bold. There's a dropdown box that has the 8 colors, and also
a set of 8 "intensive" colors. For each of those 16 you can set the actual
color it uses, and also set if that specific color should be displayed in
a bold font.

--
Mikael Magnusson