can I control brace expansion's "sort"/"display" order?

Hello,

Can I control brace expansion's "sort" or "display" order?

For instance this zsh echo results in this output:

    % echo {white,black}{bird,fish}{21..24} | tr ' ' '\n'
    # current output order
    whitebird21
    whitebird22
    whitebird23
    whitebird24
    whitefish21
    whitefish22
    whitefish23
    whitefish24
    blackbird21
    blackbird22
    blackbird23
    blackbird24
    blackfish21
    blackfish22
    blackfish23
    blackfish24
    %

But what if instead of this order I wanted the last brace to cycle most
slowly, followed by the first, followed by the second, like so:

    % echo {white,black}{bird,fish}{21..24} | tr ' ' '\n'
    # desired output order
    whitebird21
    whitefish21
    blackbird21
    blackfish21
    whitebird22
    blackbird22
    whitefish22
    blackfish22
    whitebird23
    whitefish23
    blackbird23
    blackfish23
    whitebird24
    whitefish24
    blackbird24
    blackfish24
    %

Is there any way to accomplish this?

My problem is that I'm trying to get files added to a zip archive in a
particular order, and this order is neither brace expansion sort/display
order nor lexicographical order.

Thank you,
Eric

p.s. I have a kludge solution of placing all these names in a text
file and rearranging them according to an Emacs macro, but I'm looking
to avoid that kind of error-prone, manual solution.
--
Eric De Mund   | Ixian Systems           | Jab: eadixian@xxxxxxxxxx/main
ead@xxxxxxxxx  | 650 Castro St, #120-210 | Y!M: ead0002