using history in a command processor

I'm writing basically a command processor and want to use the zsh history mechanism for that. I see that using fc I can read a history file and write it, but how do I put those commands in the history that I want? Right now I'm using vared when in an interactive terminal and read when not. But after reading I do a check on the command. The input might get changed a little and that's what I want to push onto the history.

Also, is there a way to delete an entry?

In other words, what I'm looking for is an equivalent to what in bash  is  "history -s"

Thanks.