Re: cfg/docu for command line keybindings

Chris Keschnat <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> I was wondering where all the keybindings are configured and documented.
> I just found out for example that I can delete a word with CTRL+w or a
> line with CTRL+u. In bash as well as in zsh. Also things like
> ALT+backspace work in bash to delete a word, but not in zsh. Where is
> that configured? The only places I know where keybindings are configured
> are /etc/inputrc and ~/.zshrc on my system. I'm using urxvt, but that
> shouldn't matter (?)

All keybindings are documented in 'man zshzle'.

The 'inputrc' file is used by the readline library, which zsh does not
use. It has no effect on zsh at all.

The terminal software you are using may have an effect on the
character sequences, that are sent by "special-keys" like PageUp etc.

For some techniques on how to tackle such cases, see:
    <http://zshwiki.org/home/zle/bindkeys>

Regards, Frank

                                                  -- RFC 1925