Re: zsh 4.3.9 now available on Cygwin

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, zzapper wrote:

Peter A. Castro wrote in news:Pine.LNX.4.64.0812032017070.4752

Another zsh user reported having the same problem with dir completion not
working.  It's apparently some conflict with some completion function
because not running compinit at startup allows you to do dir completion
for 'c:/..'.  I'm seeing if I can debug it a bit, but, well, the
completion system is very complex and finding the underlying problem may
take a while.  I'll post more as I find it.

Peter
In an earlier zsh posting somebody (PWS?) said that they'd solved/patched it
in 4.3.x

That's rather interesting (since 4.3.9 *is* 4.3.x :-), but I haven't
found that particular post (yet).  I've checked the patches posted since
4.3.9 and I don't see anything particularly geared for this problem
(unless it's hiding under the guise of the "BeOS port" or one of the
memory leak fixes :-).  I'm about to go trolling through the mail
archives and if that doesn't enlighten me, I'll go grab from cvs and see
what's different.

zzapper

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> or <Peter.Castro@xxxxxxxxxx>