Re: /foo/b<tab> accessing paths other than /foo/*

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008, Hannu Koivisto wrote:

Greetings,

I have a spindown timeout for hard disks that are mounted to /storage{,2,3,4,5}. Now, when I say, for example, /storage5/src/k<tab>, the completion system apparently accesses all those other storage* directories because the disks spin up.

Is it possible to configure the system so that it doesn't do that? If I loose some /storage5/src/k<tab> => oops, it was actually under storage4 => /storage4/src/kernel correction feature, that's ok.

Bart Schaefer explained why it does this (basically the "correction feature" you conjectured), and gave a workaround at:

http://www.zsh.org/mla/users/2008/msg00472.html

Peter Stephenson provided a patch that's probably a better workaround:

http://www.zsh.org/mla/users/2008/msg00475.html

I think the patch should apply cleanly against Zsh 4.3.4 -- I'm pretty
sure that's what was in Cygwin at that time, and it solved my problem.
It's also been applied in CVS, and was there pre-4.3.9.

Best,
Ben