Re: Problem with fake-files style and cd

On Feb 15,  3:28am, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Problem with fake-files style and cd
}
} Okay, it happened now,
} % mkdir -p {local,path}/{'path with spaces',pathwithoutspaces}
} % cd local
} % cd path<tab>
} ---- local directory
} pathwithoutspaces/   path\ with\ spaces/
} ---- directory in cdpath
} path\ with\ spaces/
}
} I tried putting some "" in various constellations in our zstyle to no
} avail. Any ideas?

That probably should be considered a bug.  The ignored-patterns ought
to be getting compared to the original completions, not to the quoted
form that's going to be inserted onto the command line.

The workaround is this:

zstyle -e :completion::complete:cd::path-directories ignored-patterns \
	'reply=( ${PREFIX}*(-/:q) )'

I don't promise that'll catch all possible cases of odd characters in
file names, but it should get most of the common ones.