zsh themes problem

Hello,

I am using zsh on Slackware 12.2. When I try to use a theme in zsh, I always get the following at the top of the terminal when I open it:

prompt_special_chars:16: command not found: char_333=Û
prompt_special_chars:16: command not found: char_262=²
prompt_special_chars:16: command not found: char_261=±
prompt_special_chars:16: command not found: char_260=°

This occurs with most themes, with the exception of adam1, adam2 and bart, which work properly. The output of locale is:

LANG=en_US
LC_CTYPE="en_US"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US"
LC_TIME="en_US"
LC_COLLATE=C
LC_MONETARY="en_US"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US"
LC_PAPER="en_US"
LC_NAME="en_US"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US"
LC_ALL=

Could someone please help me to resolve this issue so that themes work properly.

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Thank You