Re: coloring stderr - was Re: piping stderr

On Mon, 18 May 2009, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

but it's still got some unintended consequences... the problem i'm having now with it is that if i start bash as a child of zsh, bash is a bit messed up.

I can notice that the bash prompt doesn't appear, because bash has not been started in interactive mode ('i' is not in "$-"). If I force interactive mode, I get:

prunille:~> bash -i
zsh: suspended (tty input)  bash -i
=================

yeah, that counts as messed up ;)

http://smasher.org/tmp/snapshot153.png

it's not every day that something on the command line dies from SIGTTIN.

back to the drawing board....

--
        ...atom

 http://atom.smasher.org/
 762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

	"That's hard to tell. I think that, you know, I would hope
	 to be able to convince people I could handle the Iraqi
	 situation better."
		-- George "dubya" Bush
		Bush-Gore debate, 11 Oct 2000