Re: updating the shell environment in screen (was Re: prompt and ssh)

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 01:13:02PM +0200, Sebastian Stark wrote:
> What happens if you do not use screen?

I forgot to mention that I have term-conditionional setup of my preexec
function.  Inside screen, my $TERM is always "screen".  There could be a
problem if I login to a remote system from inside screen and that remote
system had this rc code, though, since the TERM=screen code would
trigger when it shouldn't.  Another possible triggering variable is
$WINDOW, which will be set to the screen's window number when inside
screen -- as long as ssh is not set to pass-through this variable, it
may well be a better trigger mechanism.

..wayne..