Re: efficient daemon to automatically copy any "new" file

On 26.06.2009, at 14:14, Eric Smith wrote:

What would be an efficient way to create a daemon to identify any
file in a directory that has had its Access, Modification or
Change status altered (as per stat(1) for example)?

Under Linux that would be incron perhaps:

  http://inotify.aiken.cz/?section=incron&page=about&lang=en

I want to mount locally a remote directory only with recently
changed files, which would be copied to it by this daemon.

I don't know if it works with remote directories.

Sebastian