New to zsh, question about bindkey to history-incremental-search-backward

Hi all,

I am a long time bash user, new to zsh, and I love it so far! However,
I am still sorting out a few issues:

In my .zshrc I am doing:
    bindkey "^r" history-incremental-search-backward

which never seems to work unless I do "source .zshrc" at which point it
works fine (i.e. I hit CTRL-R and can start typing to match commands in
my history).

Does that sound like anything in particular? How can I "fix" this? I.e.
make it so I don't need to source .zshrc every time.

Thanks,

Alex

--
Alex Clark  http://aclark.net