Re: zsh adding single quotes as it pleases

"Jerry Rocteur" wrote:
> I was running a java command line which works well when you type it into the
> command line. As soon as you put it in a
> script it works as if the double quotes were not there .. I run it
> from a Perl script and it works well.

It sounds to me like you probably need an eval in there.

  eval <command> $line

but I can't really tell from that description.  That will handle the
quotes.  In particular, if what you are doing in Perl is something like

  system("<command> $line");

then that's pretty much what's happening.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited