Re: strictly literal command lines?

Richard,

Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>:
> autoload -Uz url-quote-magic
> zle -N self-insert url-quote-magic

> While url-quote-magic is extremely handy, a way to force literal
> interpretation could make sense and ease handling, sometimes.

Hear, hear! I'd like to have this for more than simply the wget example
I gave. It would be lovely to be able to say, a la noglob:

    % noparse wget http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/04/world/europe/04lev\
    istrauss.html?hp=&pagewanted=print

or:

    % noparse mycommand rw9|2:r"<&(4#Pbvm:ormZ+}%"c&_cZ~

and, in this latter example, have exactly that 32-character string be
passed to mycommand. (I believe but am not certain that the term
"noparse" is an appropriate one, given the zsh lexicon. It seems right,
but I'm not attached to it. I say this because I'd still like alias
expansion of mycommand to be able to take place, and I'm not sure if
that's called parsing in this world.)

Cheers,
Eric
--
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.

Eric De Mund
ead@xxxxxxxxx