Re: the function to show a digit argument while it is being typed

On Nov 11,  1:44pm, Greg Klanderman wrote:
} Subject: Re: the function to show a digit argument while it is being typed
}
} >>>>> On November 11, 2009 Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
}
} > Here's a summarized version based on everything that's gone by so far.
}
} That's not working right with negative arguments for me - an initial
} neg-argument is ignored both in what is displayed, and in the effect
} of the eventual argument.

Hmm, it works for me starting from zsh -f.  Note that you're not
supposed to replace the builtin neg-argument with anything, only
replace digit-argument with digit-argument-show.  Which means that
neg-argument doesn't put anything in the status line until you give
the first digit, then that should show up as a negative number.  I
should have made that clear.

If you want neg-argument to display the leading "-" you'll need to
use another wrapper.