Re: Autocompletion doesn't work with kanji

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On the other hand, if removing the assignment fixes the problem, then
> there may be memory corruption from miscounting during the assignment.
>
> Christoph, can you try reproducing this with zsh built from the most
> current sources?

Thanks for your answer. With the most recent cvs source (from an hour
ago) the error still occurs, but only after adding 2 more lines to
~/.zshrc (which may be due to the Ubuntu package loading more modules by
default):
autoload -U compinit
compinit
zstyle -e ':completion:*' completer '
    _last_try="$HISTNO$BUFFER$CURSOR"
    reply=(_complete _match _ignored _prefix _files)'

This time I started zsh like this to make sure that no global zshrc
files are responsible:
$ zsh -f
$ source ~/.zshrc

where ~/.zshrc only contains the 5 lines listed above.

It still doesn't matter at all what name I give to _last_try. I can call
it _foo_bar or anything and the error still occurs. Only when I remove
this assignment completely, the error disappears.

I also noticed it only matters that $CURSOR is referenced there. I can
change the line to:
    _last_try="$CURSOR"
and the problem remains.

By the way, while compiling the cvs source I noticed that "yodl" is
required for the documentation but ./configure doesn't seem to check
this. Took me a moment to figure this out because the error message
during "make" was not too clear.

Regards,
Christoph