Redisplay (Re: Undo Depth in ZLE)

On Mar 11, 11:48am, Nadav Har'El wrote:
}
} By the way this overrides zsh's default mapping of ^R which is "redisplay".
} What am I losing by doing this? (I didn't see "redisplay" does anything...)

Redisplay redraws just the current ZLE buffer, as opposed to clear-screen
(^L) which erases the terminal first.

This is useful if something else is scribbling on your display, like a
background job producing output, or console messages (if you're on the
console).

Redisplay also can be used to redraw a multi-line editor buffer that is
more than one screen tall, moving the line the cursor is on as close as
possible to the center of the screen.