Re: zsh sometimes freezes when completing a command

On Mar 15, 11:15am, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
} Subject: zsh sometimes freezes when completing a command

Zsh sometimes becomes uninterruptible when completing anything that
takes a long time to look up.  We probably ought to install a special
handler for INT, QUIT, and TSTP during completion (or any ZLE op that
executes as a shell function rather than as a builtin).

} I've run gdb on the current process. Here's the backtrace:
}
} (gdb) bt
} #0  0x00007fe80de60b1f in poll () from /lib/libc.so.6
} #1  0x00007fe80853811d in ldap_result () from /usr/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2

So what's causing the "freeze" is that zsh is waiting for the LDAP
server to time out.  The part about not being able to interrupt it
is an unintended side-effect.