Re: Zsh autocompletion with no access to a parent directory

Matt Wright wrote:
> > You can try telling completion to accept any directory that it knows exis=
> ts
> > without trying to expand the path:
> >=20
> > zstyle ':completion:*' accept-exact-dirs true
> >=20
> > I'm not sure if this will help in the case you're describing, however,
> > since it looks like it might not be able to tell if the directory exists.
> > You'll need zsh 4.3.
>
> Another thought, is it possible to get it to /never/ expand directories.

(i.e. directories up to the / before the cursor).  That would make
perfect sense as an option, but unfortunately the file completion code
lives in one of the ditches in the eighth circle of hell ("Malecompo",
or something like that), and we're worried we won't be able to get back
from there.  However, you might have imagined that it wouldn't be too
difficult to extend accept-exact-dirs, which in turn wasn't so difficult
to add.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited