Re: Assorted questions

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 21:23, Simon Friedberger <simon+zsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  a)      accept-and-hold seems to be the same as <ENTER>^p

Yes, but now it's only one key press. You can't (easily) script a
^p.

> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Âseem to be the same as ^r

^r is realized with the functions you mention. Not having them
means not having ^r.

>                I know that there is a subtle difference but I don't see
>                how it matters in practice.

If you see the subtle differences, you know why there are
different versions. Just pick the one which you like best.

> 4. Â Â ÂI would like to have some history magic. It would be nice if
> Â Â Â Â^p/^n (or up/down) just switched through the local history but
> Â Â Â Â^r/^s searched through all history entries.

I would consider this useful, as well.

> Alright, that's all for now. heh

Unless you are Swiss (they are allowed, by law, to append "oder"
to every sentence ;), appending "lol", "heh" or similar is annoying
to most people.
You are, of course, entitled to your own style, but generally
speaking, I have found that seemingly little things like that can
make a difference.

Point in case, I almost did not send this reply due to the "heh".
It might seem petty, but at least I am being honest. _And_ I
took the time to explain it in depth.

Richard