Re: Assorted questions

On 5 June 2010 21:23, Simon Friedberger <simon+zsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'll just make a list with my questions. :)
>
>        a)      accept-and-hold seems to be the same as <ENTER>^p

It's possibly more useful in conjunction with ^o
(accept-line-and-down-history) where it's important you stay in the
same place in history, not the new copy at the end of the history.
accept-and-hold also keeps the cursor position while ^p puts you on
the end of the line, which is annoying if you're changing some
parameter in the middle.

--
Mikael Magnusson