Re: Assorted questions

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 2:12 AM, Simon Friedberger
<simon+zsh@xxxxxxxxxx<simon%2Bzsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> This has several problems. For starters the first line fails with:
> "widgets can only be called when ZLE is active"

Yeah, I don't know how to use set-local-history outside of a zle key
binding.  I'd imagine that you could use zle -U str to push a keystroke that
runs "zle set-local-history 1", if you wanted to go to the trouble of
setting that up, though.  If there's a better way to do this, I haven't
learned it.

Then there seems to be a problem when repeatedly pressing ^r.

Yeah, so going that route is probably not going to be easy.  You'd probably
be better off re-binding all the various up-/down-line-or-history bindings
to use up-/down-line-or-local-history instead.

..wayne..