zle reset-prompt

Hello list subscribers!

I'm using zle reset-prompt as suggested on the wiki for displaying the
status of the vim bindings. It shows whether they are in insert or normal mode.

The problem with this is that zle reset-prompt resets the exit status of
the last command. I spoke to ft about this on irc and he was surprised
by the behavior so I thought I'd bring it up here. Is there something
like redraw-prompt that can be substituted? Is the behavior intentional?
etc. pp.

Best
Simon