Re: zsh as login shell and x-terms.

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:43:39PM +0200, Piotr Karbowski wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I found quite strange issue with zsh as login shell. When I log to
> system by tty or by ssh my zsh checking/execing zprofile, which is
> good. but when I open new urxvt window (or any other terminal, such
> as xterm) there is no zprofile loaded. I need to do manualy 'zsh -l'.
> I have no idea why, I think my zprofile should be loaded every time I
> start new terminal window.
>
> -- Piotr.

zprofile is only loaded for login shells, your xterm is no login
shell. For more information see

    man zsh | less -p 'STARTUP/SHUTDOWN FILES'

To fix this just put your code in ~/.zshrc. It is loaded for each
zsh shell. Use zprofile for code which should only get executed
for login shells.

Simon
--
+ privacy is necessary