Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Project: Friendly Interactive ZSHell available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/fizsh/
- X-seq: zsh-users 15707
- From: Guido van Steen <gvsteen@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Julien Nicoulaud <julien.nicoulaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Project: Friendly Interactive ZSHell available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/fizsh/
- Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 13:48:56 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1294609737; bh=r5IzzuKoGDpI18v7lNhVcgLPuqKVwmLp+VgodB84i7c=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=RaKVdkq5Tc6soFjZn0ypqN18q7BRjE1aJxdcBSgDxoAWIp/n+UqTajjat3FY0K6WsU8b27n5Paeoe1HKu+2dA/A1FpvHncSAY2FLw2UwcHgjRx8qmUwzFBCJS3Q3akpET/k0wE01ntfEIERvfQu0w4+0gnf1yqxN329QBKcvhAs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=hIYWBdCwLdjgLYXWx3SIZz+61XOAcq0UQZj8vP0v9reASWYLjOcNRH+3uLo4Gtop0NH+PlNeNqodDjnFFgTR3N3vaR4zRTaTa9JOsC7ORDv1oZro+qLlDrCf9q5axJjXsPBWSVtAcH9KAD8KMT8Jxn3QHAS5eLW/iob9ln+RH1o=;
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
I will adjust your name.
BTW, https://github.com/nicoulaj/zsh-syntax-highlighting/blob/master/zsh-syntax-highlighting.zsh says:
# copyleft 2011 zsh-syntax-highlighting contributors
# All wrongs reserved.
Is there a more explicit reference to the status under which the syntax-highlighting code is licensed? E.g. is it GPL-3?
--- On Sun, 9/1/11, Julien Nicoulaud <julien.nicoulaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Julien Nicoulaud <julien.nicoulaud@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Project: Friendly Interactive ZSHell available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/fizsh/
To: "Guido van Steen" <gvsteen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, 9 January, 2011, 7:07 PM
Hi Guido, nice to see it gave you some ideas, it really looks like the real one :) The search widget is really nice.
Just one thing: Could you put
zsh-syntax-highlighting url instead of my name in fizshrc ? I'm just one among others contributors.
2011/1/9 Guido van Steen <gvsteen@xxxxxxxxx>
In my last mail the word "search widget" must have been a bit confusing. I
actually meant "history-search widget". Fish (and Fizsh) allow a Matlab-like
history search, which looks for SUBstrings of what you currently have on the
----- Original Message ----
> From: Guido van Steen <gvsteen@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: Julien Nicoulaud <julien.nicoulaud@xxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; zsh-users@xxxxxxx
> Sent: Saturday, January 8, 2011 23:52:36
> Subject: Project: Friendly Interactive ZSHell available at
> Hi Julien, Peter and other ZSH users,
> Today I uploaded a "package" that provides a "Fish-like" user interface to
> Of course I used Julien's excellent syntax highlighting code from
> https://github.com/nicoulaj/zsh-syntax-highlighting for the syntax
> stuff. The package also contains a search widget, which I partially cooked up
> myself. It is based on an idea proposed by Peter in 2009
> (http://www.zsh.org/mla/users/2009/msg00818.html). For the rest I added some
> scripts that take care of installing the files to the right location.
> The project is called Fizsh, meaning Friendly Interactive ZSHell. It is a
> frontend to ZSH. Its purpose is to quickly provide users with an easy looking
> (Fish-like) environment, in which they can still execute Bourn-syntax
> This will hopefully entice users relatively new to ZSH, but it may also be of
> interest to existing users, who like the Fish user interface and who want to
> it while being able to use Bourn-syntax snippets at the same time.
> I don't intend to fork Julien's syntax highlighting code. For future versions
> will just check-out the latest version of his script. The search-widget will
> have to be improved on the sourceforge site. There are some obvious bugs in
> although I find it quite workable. Anyone who has ideas, bug-reports, or
> patches, please feel free to mail them to me, or to the FiZsh mailing list at
> For those interested: the project is available at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/fizsh/. You can find a tarball there, and a
> ".deb" archive.
> Best wishes,
> Guido van Steen
Messages sorted by: