Re: creating user defined special parameters?

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011, Bart Schaefer wrote:

} is there a way, from within the shell, to create a special parameter?

No; zsh has not yet implemented ksh "discipline functions," nor the compound-type semantics of ksh's "typeset -T".
================

it's not my desire to emulate ksh's discipline functions or compound variables, i just want a way to define a "simple" variable as a function.

basically i want to do thing like roll my own $RANDOM and $EPOCHSECONDS. i'm not seeing how that has anything to do with parsing compound variables...?

--
        ...atom

 http://atom.smasher.org/
 762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

	"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed,
	 given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking is freedom."
		-- Dwight Eisenhower