Re: Commands with passwords as options

On Feb 2, 10:27pm, Julien Nicoulaud wrote:
}
} Perfect, thank you !

You're welcome.  As soon as sourceforge gets our repository back on
line, I'll add it to Functions/Zle/.

} You can unset INVISIBLE in precmd too:
}   unset_invisible () {unset INVISIBLE}
}   add-zsh-hook precmd unset_invisible

Yes, but that doesn't really gain anything as the memory isn't really
erased; if someone can scan your process address space they're going
to find the password whether you've unset the variable or not.

I suppose it protects you from someone grabbing your keyboard and
typing "echo $INVISIBLE".

Hmm, that reminds me that you have to be careful with running a word-
expanding widget after $INVISIBLE is on the command line.  I'm not
sure how best to deal with that one ...